CBD for pain
CBD and pain relief – how could it benefit you?
CBD is high in antioxidants, so it has anti-inflammatory benefits to joint pain and stiffness, coupled with an analgesic effect, which reduces pain perception.
People who suffer with chronic pain or joint pain often build up a resistance to standard pain relief and therefore look to alternatives to alleviate pain. Time is a key factor when dealing with pain levels, the more quickly the pain relief works, the better. As with standard pain relief, CBD can be taken in different variations.
Taking a capsule is generally considered the slowest to take effect. whilst sprays and drops which are administered orally (sublingually) can see results within minutes. This is because with sublingual absorption the CBD gets into our system quicker. The bio availability of the CBD very high as it is not being digested or having to travel anywhere to be absorbed. After taking CBD, you can expect to usually feel relief for many hours. At this point the dose will gradually fall below the threshold for it to be noticeably beneficial. Having said that, depending on the strength and type of CBD, generally you can administer a dose more frequently than usual pain relief medications. Therefore, having more control over your pain levels.
Effectiveness of CBD for pain relief
- A review in the Journal of Experimental Medicine in 2012 concluded that. Due to its anti-inflammatory effects, CBD benefits and is an effective treatment for chronic muscle pain, including fibromyalgia.
- There have been multiple worldwide studies of the benefits of using CBD oil for those receiving cancer treatments. Taken in high-strength quantities, it can help to reduce nausea, pain, sleep disturbance and improve the appetite of the patient.
- Anyone familiar with the symptoms and effects of depression will know that it will often be accompanied with body aches and pains. CBD works with the serotonin in our bodies, which regulates mood. Therefore it can relieve depression symptoms and in turn reducing the impact of other related symptoms such as body pain. CBD is completely natural, and completely safe to use without the negative side effects that relying on manmade medication.
- CBD oil can provide benefits to people with neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis. This is because the CBD interacts with our own endocannabinoid system, producing a calming effect in our central nervous system.
- CBD can also help to prevent or ease pain cause by exercise or strenuous activity as it can decrease glutamate build-up during exercise. CBD does this by connecting to the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our bodies, stopping the release of specific neurotransmitters. This in turn, has an influence on our nervous system, arming our bodies with the ability to handle inflammation and pain better.